We are a club that is passionate about developing soccer players to be creative and confident on the ball. We want to develop players who have the courage to use their skills to dominate their opponent. We believe sports relate to valuable life lessons and know it needs to be shared and taught to our young players.
So what is the Meulensteen Method?
First, let us say what it’s not. It’s not a gimmick. It doesn't make a champion in one season. Using a Meulensteen Method session on Thursday will not guarantee a win on Saturday. It creates successful players and ultimately successful teams, but not overnight. The Meulensteen Method is a way of life for coaches, for it becomes a paradigm or a system of beliefs that define what and how we coach our players.
We accomplish this through coach education. We help our coaches obtain their USSF and USC certifications and licenses. We also provide 100, 200, & 300 level Meulensteen Certifications. We work with our coaches to understand the development philosophy, how to train technique, and how to turn that into a skill that shows up in a game. We help our coaches understand the Ages & Stages of Player Development. We also teach coaches how to prepare different meals from some of the same ingredients, so players experience a variety of ways to develop and enjoy the process leaving practice with a smile on their face.
The Meulensteen Philosophy produces results. It is proven successful again and again around the world. It doesn’t make a player overnight. It is a system that requires an appropriate amount of time and commitment, but changes the lives of coaches and players alike, forever.
Here is what we believe:
- Every child deserves great training to help them become the best he/she can be
- We must create the right environment in training for the player to become successful
- We must challenge the player and have lots of repetition to create success
- We must coach the positives
- We must coach in age and stage appropriate levels for the player to get the most out of the session
- We must properly train technique, the right move, with the right timing, in the right moment
- We must develop players to recognize and dominate the 4 different 1v1 situations
- We must develop players to be creative and confident on the ball, without fear of making mistakes